Cost per serving $2.97 view details
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cilantro or other herb
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell peppers
- 1/2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 (4-x6-inch) focaccia bread pieces, split horizontally
- 2 slices of thin Provolone
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, minced garlic, & cilantro & lemon juice. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil on each side. Brush grate with oil. Place bell peppers and zucchini closest to the middle of the grill, and set onion and squash pieces around them. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 3 minutes. The peppers may take a bit longer. Remove from grill, and set aside.
- Spread some of the mayonnaise mixture on the cut sides of the bread, and sprinkle each one with feta cheese. Place on the grill cheese side up, and cover with lid for 2 to 3 minutes. This will warm the bread, and slightly melt the cheese. Watch carefully so the bottoms don't burn. Remove from grill, and layer with the vegetables. Enjoy as open faced grilled sandwiches.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 306g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 562||71%|
|Total Fat 63.88g||80%|
|Saturated Fat 31.62g||126%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.15g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|