Cost per serving $1.06 view details
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray as needed
- 1 x red bell pepper - (8 ounce) quartered
- 1 x yellow bell pepper - (8 ounce) quartered
- 1Â 1/2 lb eggplant sliced diagonally
- Â Â into 1/4"-thick slices
- Â Â Pesto (see recipe)
- 4 whl -wheat rolls - (1 ounce ea)
- 4 ounce sliced low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 8 x basil leaves
- Coat the vegetables with cooking spray and grill till cooked through. Cut the peppers into strips.
- Prepare the Pesto.
- Lightly coat the rolls with cooking spray and grill till just browned.
- Spread 1 tsp. pesto on each roll. Top with slice of cheese and then the vegetables. Divide the basil leaves between the sandwiches and heat on the grill till the cheese begins to heat. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 198g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||54%|
|Total Fat 9.79g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.69g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|