This receipe has a lot of flavor with a kick. The inclusion of rice bread crumbs is because my Babe is celiac.
Cost per serving $0.45 view details
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey - choose the 93/7 if available
- 2 minced jalapenos - de-seed and de-vein, if you must
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 cup of rice bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp of cayene pepper
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of low sodium/low fat chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of minced purple onion
- 2 tbs of dijon mustard
- 1 4oz can of chopped green chiles
- 3 turkey sausages removed from casing
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Prepare your charcoal grill so that the coals are good to go when you finish the loan. If using a gas grill you can heat the grill up after you finish the loaf. In either case, set the heat source for direct grilling.
- Break up the ground turkey in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the turkey sausages from the casings and incorporate into the ground turkey.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix well.
- Scrape the turkey mixture onto a double lined sheet of tin foil with the inner sheet being non-stick
- Form the mixture into a loaf.
- Put on the grill and cook till the temperature reaches 180 degrees
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 132g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 118||52%|
|Total Fat 13.23g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2.76g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.19g|
|Total Carbs 11.56g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|