Cost per serving $0.69 view details
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes halved, seeded
- Â Â Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 med portobello mushrooms stemmed, cleaned
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. minced onions
- 6 c. water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb Arborio rice
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. freshly-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 Tbsp. minced green onions, green parts only
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the tomatoes with the extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 min on each side. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the portobello mushroom on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cavity up. Drizzle both sides of the mushrooms with the extra virgin olive oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Fan a quarter of the cheese over each cavity of the mushroom. Place in the oven and cook till the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is bubbly, about 10 min.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large saute/fry pan over medium heat. Add in the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute/fry till the onions are slightly soft, about 3 min. Add in the water and garlic. Bring the mix to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for about 6 min. Add in the rice and simmer, stirring constantly till the mix is creamy and bubbly, about 18 min. Stir in the butter, cream, cheese, and green onions. Simmer for about 2 min, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes.
- To serve, slice each portobello into quarters. Spoon the risotto into each serving dish. Lay 2 slices of the portobello on top of the risotto. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 411g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||33%|
|Total Fat 16.45g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 8.32g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.64g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|