Cost per recipe $22.65 view details
- 4 x Asian eggplants (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp. Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Thai chile paste (up to 1)
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut oil
- 1 x Thai, serrano or possibly jalapen o chile peppers, thinly sliced (up to 3)
- 3 x Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 x Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 c. Fresh mint leaves
- 4 whl Boston or possibly bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dry (up to 6)
- Grill eggplants over high heat till skin is completely charred on all sides. Let cold, then scrape off burnt skin with knife. Cut eggplants into 1-inch slices.
- Combine fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chile paste in small bowl and whisk till mixed.
- Heat wok till almost smoking and swirl in oil. Add in chiles, garlic and shallots and stir-fry 20 seconds or possibly till fragrant. Add in shrimp and cook 1 minute. Stir in fish sauce mix and cook 1 minute or possibly till shrimp are cooked.
- Remove wok from heat. Stir in eggplant and mint leaves, reserving few leaves for garnish. Correct seasoning, adding lime juice or possibly sugar to taste.
- (Mix can be served either warm or possibly at room temperature.)
- To serve, line small plates or possibly platter with lettuce leaves. Spoon eggplant mix on top. Garnish with reserved mint leaves. Or possibly, if you like, eat eggplant mix rolled up in lettuce leaves.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3404g|
|Calories from Fat 356||24%|
|Total Fat 40.4g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 6.95g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 185.39g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 97.4g||325%|