Cost per serving $3.31 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb large shrimp unpeeled, deveined
- 1/3 c. tequila
- Â Â (or possibly orange juice)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime or possibly lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 c. reduced-fat or possibly nonfat lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 x reduced-fat or possibly nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Â Â Oil for grill grate
- Â Â Wooden skewers soaked in hot water
- Â Â for at least 30 min, or possibly metal skewers
- Rinse the shrimp in cool water. Using a small pair of scissors or possibly paring knife, carefully cut a slit in the back of each shrimp. Place the shrimp in a large bowl or possibly a large plastic resealable bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tequila, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, black pepper, salt and cilantro. Pour this mix over the shrimp, tossing to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator up to 45 min.
- To prepare the Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and chill till ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill on high. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread on skewers. Throw away the marinade. When the grill is ready, oil the grate well. Grill the shrimp till the shells turn pink and the shrimp are just opaque, turning once during grilling.
- Remove from the grill and serve with the sauce.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The sauce also works well with grilled sea scallops.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 238g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 137||40%|
|Total Fat 15.47g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 4.81g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.18g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|