Sweet Potatoes in a salad? Yep. It was a first for me too but it won't be the last. This is so flavorful and festive and if you use an indoor grill pan you can have it any time of year! Enjoy!
Read more: http://www.somanyrecipes.com/2010/03/grilled-sweet-potato-poblano-salad-with.html#ixzz0h9OAxV5V
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (about 1 small), or red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon New Mexican Chile Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I used macadamia nut oil)
- 2 1/2 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, quartered lengthwise
- Canola oil or vegetable oil (for brushing)
- 1 fresh poblano chiles (about 8 ounces total),* seeded, diced
- 1/2 each red and yellow bellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced diagonally (about 2)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- A handful of pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook sweet potatoes in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just barely tender (this is important otherwise the potatoes will fall apart on the grill or when you toss them in the salad), about 6 minutes. Drain; run under cold water to cool. Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat barbecue (high heat). Brush potato wedges with canola oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill potatoes until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer potatoes to work surface. Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Place potatoes, poblanos, bell peppers green onions, and parsley in large bowl. Drizzle dressing over; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 157g|
|Calories from Fat 480||76%|
|Total Fat 54.28g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 7.49g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.24g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|