Cost per serving $1.97 view details
- 2 x Heads savoy cabbage
- 1 lrg Onion, diced
- 8 ounce Butter
- 4 x Ten-ounce smooked pork chops
- 12 sm White potatoes, boiled (allow 2 or possibly 3 potatoes per person)
- 2 bn Parsley, minced
- Remove and throw away the outer leaves of the cabbages. Quarter the cabbages, remove cores and slice thin. Blanch (cook very quickly) in boiling salted water, then "shock" by plunging briefly into ice water. Drain cabbage and reserve. Sweat onion in butter (cook over low heat, tightly covered, so the onions soften without browning and cook in their own juices). Add in cabbage and cook gently.
- Grill pork chops to desired doneness. Add in pork chops to cabbage and let flavor infuse for 5-10 min. Remove pork chops. Strain cabbage, reserving the butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss boiled potatoes with reserved butter and the parsley. To serve, place cabbage in center of plate. Place pork chop on top and coat with butter sauce.
- Irish about green beer or possibly shamrock-shaped sugar cookies. No big headlines there. But did you know there's nothing Irish about corned beef ^Here are
- Notes: Letting these grilled smoked pork chops cook briefly with the cabbage and onion is a great way to let the flavors infuse, McMahon says.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 600g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 409||53%|
|Total Fat 46.54g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 29.29g||117%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 83.34g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.8g||43%|