Cost per recipe $5.84 view details
- 30 x Shrimp size 31-40's, cleaned
- 6 x Corn on the cob, *see pantry
- 12 ounce Jar napalitos, Rinsed and liquid removed
- 2 x Escabeche, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. Red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounce Mixed greens, rinsed and liquid removed
- 6 x Fresh Habenero peppers, Nice orange ones!
- 1/2 c. Vegetable oil
- 1 bot Negro Modelo, (Mexican dark beer)
- 2 Tbsp. Jalapeno sauce
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. Creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. New Mexico chile pwdr
- Put sufficient water on to boil to cook 6 ears of corn. Cook the corn and remove it to a plate to cold a bit.
- Prepare marinade by mixing all ingredients well in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in shrimp and chill till you are ready to grill (no longer than 30 min).
- Cut the corn from the cob and mix it together with the napalitos and the 1/3 c. of reserved escabeche liquid. Place corn mix in refrigerator till needed.
- Grill shrimp.
- Divide the greens and place on salad plates. Push greens to outer edge of plate. Divide the corn mix into 6 portions and mound each portion in the center of salad plate. Arrange 5 shrimp, tail up, toward the center of plate by nestling each in the corn mix.
- Mix together the red bell pepper and escabeche and sprinkle over each salad.
- Garnish each salad with one of those beautiful Habanero peppers!
- PANTRY : If corn is not in season, substitute two twelve oz bags of frzn corn.
- **Escabeche is pickled jalapeno peppers. If the jar you find has onions with it, then mince a couple of onion pcs as well.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 680g|
|Calories from Fat 1301||77%|
|Total Fat 147.77g||185%|
|Saturated Fat 14.41g||58%|
|Trans Fat 2.81g|
|Total Carbs 53.4g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.8g||39%|