This is a very tasty grilled shrimp recipe. The ingredients don't sound like they would go together that well, but the result is fantastic. Try this summer on the grill. My kids loved it..with 9 year old Kyle finishing off 2 whole skewers!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce (or plain tomato sauce for slightly less sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp wine vinegar (I used 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar and 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (you can omit this or reduce if kids will be eating)
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, marinara, and vinegar. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Preheat grill for medium to medium high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until nicely browned and opaque.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 132||47%|
|Total Fat 14.93g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.24g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.35g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|