Cost per serving $2.91 view details
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 x ripe papaya peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 med red onion minced
- 1/4 c. coarsely-minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 x garlic clove chopped or possibly pressed
- 1/8 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Seafood Alternatives: shrimpPreheat an outdoor grill to warm, or possibly till coals glow red with white ash on the edges. Rinse the scallops and pat dry; set aside. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 min.
- In a medium bowl, combine papaya, red onion, garlic, cilantro, 1 Tbsp. lime juice and pepper. Mix gently to avoid mashing the papaya. Cover and chill (it will keep for up to 2 days).
- Thread the scallops on skewers. Mix together the oil and 1 Tbsp. lime juice. Baste the scallops and place on the warm grill. Grill till opaque through, about 3 to 4 min on each side. Serve with salsa on the side.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: This delicious lowfat entree combines the sweet taste of scallops with the fresh fruit flavor of papaya.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 190g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 28||19%|
|Total Fat 3.2g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.28g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 9.7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|