Cost per serving $0.51 view details
- 6 x Kirby or possibly pickling cucumbers rinsed, liquid removed
- Â Â (or possibly 1 seedless English cucumber)
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Clear rice vinegar
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 x Salmon steaks, 1" thick - (abt 6 ounce ea) rinsed, liquid removed
- 1/4 c. Rice wine or possibly sake
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped scallions
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- Trim the ends of the cucumbers, slice them lengthwise in half, remove the seeds, and cut crosswise into paper-thin slices. Place in a bowl. Combine the sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, and salt and stir till the sugar dissolves. Add in to the cucumbers, toss lightly, and cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate for at least 30 min, or possibly longer if possible, in the refrigerator, tossing occasionally.
- Place the fish steaks in a bowl. Combine the Marinade ingredients, add in to the fish, and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for 30 min at room temperature, turning several times.
- Prepare a very warm fire for grilling, and place the grill about 3 inches above the coals. Arrange the fish steaks on the grill and cook for about 4 to 5 min on each side, basting occasionally with the marinade, till the fish is opaque all the way through. Transfer to serving dishes. Serve the cucumber relish on the side or possibly spoon it over the fish.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 119g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 41||32%|
|Total Fat 4.68g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.68g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.12g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|