Cost per recipe $3.85 view details
- 150 x mI white wine vinegar
- 50 gm caster sugar
- 25 gm mustard seeds lightly crushed
- 1 sm onion finely minced
- 1/2 sm cucumber finely sliced
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 10 sm thin salmon steaks
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x salt and pepper
- To make the pickle place the wine vinegar caster sugar mustard seeds and onion into a small saucepan.
- Stand the pan on the simmering plate and stir till the sugar has dissolved. Continue to cook over a gentle heat till the onion is soft.
- Add in the cucumber and continue to cook for 1 to 2 min to soften the cucumber. Blend the cornflour with a little water.
- Stir into the cucumber mix and cook stirring till thickening.
- Transfer to a bowl and cold.
- Place the cleaned salmon steaks on the rack of the roasting tin.
- Brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil and season. Slide the roasting tin onto the second set of runners from the top of the roasting oven.
- Grill the salmon for 7 to 10 min depending upon thickness.
- Turn the salmon over brush with extra virgin olive oil and season.
- Repeat the grilling.
- Remove from the oven.
- Remove any skin from the salmon this is easier to do after cooking.
- Serve the salmon hot or possibly cool with the cucumber pickle.
- Salmon is easy to cook but it often needs a sauce or possibly dressing to add in flavour or possibly to make it different. Serve this salmon hot or possibly cool as part of a buffet lunch or possibly as a starter.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 188g|
|Calories from Fat 420||81%|
|Total Fat 47.94g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 6.0g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.68g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|