Cost per serving $0.19 view details
- 4 x salmon steaks - (abt 8 ounce ea)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lb pea vines rinsed, and
- Â Â tough ends trimmed
- Preheat an outdoor grill. Lightly season the salmon steaks with salt and pepper.
- While the grill is heating, combine the extra virgin olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl and whisk to mix. Add in the pea vines with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat proportionately with the dressing. Set aside.
- When the grill is warm, lightly brush the grate with oil and add in the salmon steaks. Cook the fish till just opaque through, 3 to 4 min per side.
- Arrange the pea vine salad on individual plates and top each with a salmon steak. Serve right away.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Here's a sample of simplicity with salmon: no marinade, no sauce, just a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Its an ideal showcase for wild king or possibly sockeye. Add in a handful of wood chips to the coals for a whiff of smoke flavor if desired.
- A pea vine salad gives color and flavor contrast. If you cannot find pea vines in your area (look in specialty shops or possibly Asian markets), use blanched snow peas or possibly sugar snap peas instead.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 15g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 90||99%|
|Total Fat 10.13g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.02g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|