Cost per serving $0.07 view details
- 4 x salmon steaks, 1" thick
- 1 tsp whole cumin seed
- 1 tsp whole coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp whole fennel seed
- 1 tsp dry green peppercorns
- Â Â Sea salt or possibly kosher salt to taste
- Â Â Canola or possibly extra virgin olive oil to coat steaks
- Prepare grill by lighting 4 qts of charcoal (1 starter chimney's worth), or possibly turning gas grill to medium-high.
- Examine steaks for pin bones by rubbing fingers over surface of meat. If found, remove with bone tweezers or possibly pliers reserved for culinary uses.
- Using a sharp paring or possibly boning knife, trim bones from the cavity side of the steak. Trim the stomach flaps so which 1 side is missing about 2 inches of skin and the other, 1 inch of meat. Roll the skinless section up into the hollow of the cavity, then wrap the other around the outside to create a round resembling a filet mignon. Tie in place with 2 passes of butcher's twine. (Don't tie it too tight or possibly fish will pop out during cooking.)
- Combine cumin, coriander, fennel and peppercorns on a double thick piece of aluminum foil and toast over grill, shaking gently till seeds become fragrant. Crush seeds in mortar and pestle or possibly pour into spare pepper grinder. Coat steaks lightly with oil, season with salt, then liberally grind toasted seeds on both sides of steaks.
- Quickly wipe warm grill grate with a rag or possibly towel dipped in a little Canola oil, then grill fish to medium-rare, about 3 min per side. (Fish should be well colored on the outside and barely translucent/soft at the center.
- Serve steaks alongside simple salad dressed with "Veni, Vedi, Vinaigrette" (see recipe).
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||33%|
|Total Fat 0.25g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.95g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|