- 2 c. strawberries halved or possibly quartered
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 4 slc plain lb. cake
- 1 x egg lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. orange liqueur
- 2 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Combine berries and sugar in small saucepan. Let stand at room temperature to allow juices to create. Stir occasionally.
- Place strawberry mix on stovetop over low heat to hot. Stir occasionally.
- Beat egg, lowfat milk and liqueur in small, shallow dish. Dip each slice of cake into egg mix, turning to coat sides thoroughly.
- Place each slice of cake on preheated grill for 3 to 4 min, or possibly till pale grill marks appear.
- Place 2 slices of cake on each dessert plate and spoon berries on top. Place 1 scoop ice cream on each plate. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
- Variations: Use cherries or possibly other berries such as raspberries or possibly blueberries. Replace orange liqueur with orange juice plus 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract.