Cost per serving $0.90 view details
- 1/4 c. Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 lrg shallot minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
- 12 med red-skinned potatoes - (abt 2 3/4 lbs) unpeeled
- Â Â Additional extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 2 bn watercress stems trimmed
- 3 x green onions minced
- Combine vinegar, shallot, and mustard in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Fold in cheese. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water till almost tender, about 16 min. Drain; cold completely. Cut potatoes into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Brush rounds on both sides with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Arrange watercress on platter. Grill potatoes till golden brown and cooked through, about 3 min per side.
- Mound hot potatoes atop watercress; sprinkle with green onions. Spoon vinaigrette over potatoes.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
- Comments: To impart smoky flavor to food when using an outdoor gas grill, add in a handful of wood chips (soaked in cool water 30 min and liquid removed) to a smoker box and place it under the grates and on top of ceramic briquettes in the far right or possibly left corner of the grill.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 38g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 188||93%|
|Total Fat 21.31g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 4.59g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.88g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|