This is a tasty grilled pork dish. Different cuts of pork will work but we like the tenderloin best as it is lean and tender when grilled. I served the pork with annatto rice, green beans, flautas and guacamole.
For a wine we had a 2008 Fenestra Lodi Silvaspoons Vineyards Alvarelhao. This grape is traditionally grown in Portugal. It is medium bodied with complex flavors of plum, cherry and spice.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- 1 cup Green Chile Tomatillo Sauce (link is provided below)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp pasilla chile powder
- 1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- Toasted pepitas and minced cilantro for garnish (optional0
- Rub pork with spices to coat on all sides.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Grill pork for 20 minutes turning every five minutes. Pork will register 145^ when ready.
- Tent the pork and let rest for 5 minutes
- While pork is resting heat the sauce to a near boil
- Remove the sauce from heat and fold in sour cream.
- Coat pork with sauce and serve remaining sauce table side.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 122g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||32%|
|Total Fat 5.21g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.41g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 0.62g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|