Cost per serving $3.28 view details
- 6 lb pork loin - (to 6 1/4) boned, trimmed
- 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil plus
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 16 sprg fresh lemon thyme
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 x Ancho chile seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 lb unsalted butter softened Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh lemon thyme
- Cut pork loin into 48 1/2-inch-thick medallions, each weighing 2 ounces. Marinate in 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil and lemon thyme for 2 hrs.
- In medium saucepot, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat till just smoking. Add in onion, chile and garlic; saute/fry till onion is translucent/soft, about 30 seconds.
- Deglaze with stock, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce. Boil till liquid is reduced to 3 Tbsp., 8 to 10 min.
- Add in cream. Boil till liquid is reduced to 1 1/4 c., 8 to 10 min. Off the heat, whisk in butter in 8 additions, incorporating each piece before the next is added. If sauce cools to below lukewarm, reheat it briefly. Season with salt, pepper and additional Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce, if necessary. Stir in minced lemon thyme. Keep sauce hot; don't boil.
- Grill pork, turning once, till medallions are just cooked through, 2 to 3 min per side.
- To serve, swirl about 1 oz (2 Tbsp.) of sauce on plate. Top with 2 medallions of pork. Serve with pasta (optional).
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 274g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 811||86%|
|Total Fat 91.15g||114%|
|Saturated Fat 39.7g||159%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.98g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|