This cake is made in 2 major steps- grilling the pineapple and then baking the cake batter.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Cost per serving $0.92 view details
- 1 pineapple- cored and sliced
- 1 Box Jiffy yellow cake mix
- 1 egg (for the cake mix)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 cup rum (for the cake mix- substitute rum for the water in the cake mix!)
- Â¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 2 8â³ aluminum pie pan
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix batter with egg and rum, then add the nutmeg and ginger.
- Next, grill the pineapple slices.
- As the pineapples are grilling, take a grill-friendly saucepan and add a stick of butter, Â½ cup rum and the dark sugar. Let this sauce get warm and bubbly on the grill. Stir occasionally.
- Once the pineapple slices have nice grill marks on both sides, take them off the grill.
- Layer the pineapple slices on the 2 pie pans. Put cherries in the middle of each pineapple slice. Pour some of the rum sauce over the pinapple (be careful, the pan will be hot).
- Now, pour the batter evenly into the 2 pie pans.
- Next, create a direct/indirect environment for baking your cake (charcoal to one side or one burner on/off).
- Bake cakes about 12-15 minutes or until golden
- Pull cakes out off the grill and drizzle the rum glaze over the cakes while it is still warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 85g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 125||37%|
|Total Fat 14.23g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 6.74g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.57g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|