Cost per serving $6.30 view details
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 pound leg of lamb, boned, excess fat removed, butterflied
- ROMESCO SAUCE
- 3 red bell peppers
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices coarse-textured white bread
- 1/4 cup almonds, skinned
- 1 Â½ cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped, fresh or canned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons Spanish sherry vinegar
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves as a garnish
- Rub the olive oil all over the lamb. Heat a charcoal grill or broiler.
- For romesco: preheat the broiler. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the stems, seeds and ribs. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil the peppers until the entire skin is black, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a plastic bag, close tightly and let cool 10 minutes. Using your fingers, peel off the skin. Core the peppers and cut into 1-inch dice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bread and fry, turning occasionally, until golden on both sides. Transfer the bread to a food processor. In the same oil and skillet, over medium heat, fry the almonds, stirring until golden, 2 minutes. Add the almonds, tomatoes, garlic, paprika and red pepper flakes to the processor and pulse several times. Combine the vinegar and 4 tablespoons olive oil. With the processor motor running, gradually pour olive oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb 4-inches from the heat source on the grill or under the broiler. Cook until one side is golden, 15 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Turn the lamb and continue to cook until medium rare, 130 to 135Â°F when tested with an instant-read thermometer, 15 minutes. Test by cutting into the thickest part. If it is slightly pink inside, remove from the grill. Let rest 10 minutes covered with foil.
- Slice the lamb into thin slices, place on a platter garnished with parsley and serve with the sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 326g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 428||67%|
|Total Fat 47.71g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 16.81g||67%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.9g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|