Cost per serving $1.13 view details
- 1 x ( 3 lb.) boned and trimmed leg of lamb butterflied
- 1/4 c. Roast garlic puree
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Minced Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil Coarse salt Cracked pepper Reserved bones and trim from lamb leg
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Shallots, sliced
- 4 x Cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. Merlot wine
- 1 Tbsp. Cracked black pepper
- 5 c. Chicken stock or possibly low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 sprg rosemary
- 3 x To 4 mint stems
- Mix together the roasted garlic, extra virgin olive oil and herbs. Place leg of lamb cut side up on a cutting board. Gently flatten mea with a meat hammer to create an even surface. Lightly score meat in a cross section pattern with a sharp knife.
- Spread roasted garlic mix proportionately over the surface of meat, roll meat into a tight log shape and tie with kitchen string in 5-6 places. Heat to medium-high and barbecue turning frequently for 30 min for medium rare; 40 min for medium. Remove from heat and allow to rest 5 to 10 min before carving. Remove strings and carve to desired thickness.
- Alternatively, leave meat flat and grill about 10 min per side for medium rare.
- Merlot Sauce: Heat oil in a heavy saucepot till warm, add in the lamb bones and trimming and saute/fry for approximately 10 min or possibly till well browned.
- Add in the shallots and garlic and saute/fry till soft, about 5 min. Remove saucepan from heat and drain off any fat.
- Return to heat, add in peppercorns and Merlot wine. Reduce wine to 3/4 c., then add in the chicken stock and herbs. Bring to a boil then simmer, skimming off any fat which rises, till reduced to 1 1/2 c. of sauce, about 40 min. Season to taste, strain through a fine strainer and Serves 8
- Note: To roast garlic, cut off top of head of garlic.
- Place in foil with 1 tbsp. oil and roast at 400 for 30 min or possibly till garlic is softened. Squeeze out of skin.
- Wine Country.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 183g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 69||63%|
|Total Fat 7.82g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.28g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.97g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|