These light Moroccan seasonings produce extremely flavorful lamb. They enhance the natural flavor of the lamb without overwhelming it. Whether you like your lamb medium rare or well done, you'll still love this marinade. You can marinate as little as 30-60 minutes for a light flavoring (if so, I would recommend marinating at room temperature), or 8 hours in the refrigerator for a richly flavored feast.
- 1 large onion, grated or very finely diced
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh Cilantro
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 pounds boneless leg or shoulder of lamb cut into 1 inch cubes (trim only of very thick fat, leave other fat on)
- For Rice
- 2 cups dry rice (basmati or jasmine)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Combine the onion, herbs, spices, salt & pepper, and oil in a large bowl or casserole dish and stir to mix. Add the lamb cubes and toss thoroughly to coat, then cover and let marinate.
- Preheat the grill to high. Put the lamb cubes on the skewers, retaining as much marinade on the lamb as possible. Arrange the kebabs on the hot grill spraying either the side of meat that will be placed on the grill, or the grill itself, with a spray olive oil or other spray oil. Turn with tongs until nicely browned, about 6 minutes for medium rare, 8 minutes for medium, 10 minutes for medium well, and 12 minutes for well done (may very depending on heat of grill). Personally, I enjoy this lamb cooked medium.
- For the rice, put rice, chicken broth, water, and spices in a rice cooker or pot. If a pot, bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or so. When holes appear in the top of the rice, remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and let sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Place rice on a plate and serve the kebabs over the rice
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 371g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||7%|
|Total Fat 3.02g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.56g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.93g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|