Cost per serving $6.93 view details
- 1 c. freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/3 c. freshly-grnd white pepper
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. grnd cayenne pepper
- 1 sm bunch fresh marjoram
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 10 x garlic cloves peeled
- 4 lrg white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 lrg shallots, peeled and minced
- 1/2 lb roasted lamb bones
- 2 tsp freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 sm bunch fresh thyme
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. veal demi-glace
- 1/4 c. grated fresh horseradish
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Fresh lemon juice to taste
- 16 x lamb rib chops, 1" thk butchered French sty
- 3 Tbsp. peanut oil
- Â Â Salt to taste
- To make pepper mix combine black and white peppers, cayenne, and marjoram. Cover tightly and store in a cold place. Use to season red meats and game before cooking.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a small ovenproof saute/fry pan over medium heat. When warm, add in garlic cloves and saute/fry for 4 min or possibly till golden. Place in preheated 350 degree oven and roast for 10 min, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from oven. Remove garlic from pan and cold. Set aside till ready to use.
- Place remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When warm, add in mushrooms and saute/fry for 1 minute. Add in shallots, lamb bones, and pepper and saute/fry for 1 minute. Add in thyme, chicken stock, and demi-glace and bring to a boil. Skim off scum. Lower heat and simmer for 20 to 30 min or possibly till sauce is reduced by one-third.
- Remove lamb bones and strain into a small saucepan. Add in roasted garlic and grated horseradish. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Let sauce sit for 5 min to capture as much flavor from the garlic and horseradish as possible. Season with salt and lemon juice. Keep hot till ready to serve.
- Preheat grill. Make sure grates are clean and lightly rub or possibly brush with oil. Brush chops with 3 Tbsp. peanut oil and season to taste with salt and pepper mix. Grill chops about 2 min or possibly just long sufficient to mark one side. Turn chops and cook for about 2 min longer for medium-rare. Increase cooking time slightly for medium doneness. Remove chops from grill.
- Spoon Roasted Garlic Horseradish Sauce over the bottom of 4 hot dinner plates. Place 4 grilled lamb chops along the top of each plate, bones to the center. Garnish plates with sprigs of marjoram. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 195g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 160||76%|
|Total Fat 18.14g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 2.84g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.02g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|