This is a simple and tasty shrimp marinade that is perfect for the BBQ. I serve them as a main course over rice or as appetizers. They also go well with a Parmesan or olive oil pasta. It also works well for fish, so you can try a mix of shrimp and your favorite fish (Tilapia, Catfish, Red Snapper, Salmon, etc.)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, or 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 30 large shrimp, peeled and, if you like, deveined
- In a glass bowl, combine the olive oil, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, orange juice, basil and white wine and mix. Add the shrimp, sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, and stir to coat. Cover, and let marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat an outdoor grill to high heat.
- Thread prawns onto skewers or put in a single layer in a grill basket. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until pink.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 169||74%|
|Total Fat 19.1g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 2.67g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|