Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- 1 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. peeled garlic cloves - (abt 15)
- 1/3 c. Sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c. fresh oregano leaves
- 3 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 c. butter - (1/2 stick)
- 2 x flat iron steaks - (1 1/2 lbs ea)
- 3 c. oak- or possibly hickory-wood smoke chips soaked in cool
- Â Â water for at least 30 min, liquid removed
- 1 x disposable 8"-square foil baking pan
- Finely chop first 7 ingredients in processor. Set sauce aside.
- Cook butter in small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat till brown, about 2 min. Add in sauce; stir 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Place soaked wood chips in foil pan. Place foil pan directly atop coals on barbecue. When chips begin to smoke, place steaks on grill rack directly over chips and cook to desired doneness, about 4 min per side for medium-rare. Remove steaks from grill; let stand 5 min. Thinly slice steaks across grain. Serve with chimichurri sauce.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- Comments: Flat iron steak is a tender cut from the chuck top blade roast. If flat iron steak is unavailable, use flank steak.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 49g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 291||95%|
|Total Fat 32.97g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 7.43g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.69g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|