This is a print preview of "Grilled Eggplant Parmesan" recipe.
Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
Wonderful and lighter alternative to baked eggplant Parmesan and wonderful for summer or fall nights. I use canned pasta sauce (basil if you have it).
|Prep time: 10 minutes
|Cook time: 15 minutes
1 large eggplant
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup pasta sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch thick portions.
- Heat your grill on medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Brush eggplant slices with mixture.
- Grill the eggplant for 5 minutes to a side. Don't turn more than once to get nice grill lines.
- While eggplant is grilling, heat pasta sauce on stove or in microwave.
- When eggplant is done, place on large platter. Spoon about 1 Tbsp of pasta sauce on each slice and top with about 1 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm!