Cost per serving $1.87 view details
- 1Â 1/3 c. shredded four-cheese mix
- Â Â (or possibly pizza cheese)
- 2 Tbsp. Italian-style dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 c. thinly-sliced fresh basil plus
- 2 Tbsp. thinly-sliced fresh basil
- 1 med eggplant - (abt 1 lb) cut lengthwise
- Â Â into 1/2"-thick slices
- 8 ounce plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. garlic-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Stir cheese mix, breadcrumbs, and 1/3 c. basil in medium bowl to blend.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Sprinkle eggplant and tomatoes with salt and pepper. Brush 1 side of eggplant slices with some oil. Grill, oiled-side down, till bottom side is tender and grill marks appear, about 3 min.
- Brush second side of eggplant slices with more oil; turn over and top grilled side with tomatoes, then cheese mix. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Drizzle with remaining oil. Cover and grill till tomatoes are tender and cheese melts, about 7 min.
- Transfer eggplant slices to plates. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. basil and serve.
- This recipe yields 2 servings;
- can be doubled.
- Comments: Round out this meatless - but hearty - main course with a big spoonful of deli pasta salad on a bed of arugula, and end with purchased tiramisu topped with berries.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 482g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 246||72%|
|Total Fat 27.88g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 3.87g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.13g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.2g||44%|