Cost per serving $2.51 view details
- Creamy Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons prepared mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut in half and grilled, for garnish
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, brushed clean of any grit
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- For the vinaigrette:
- Combine lemon juice, zest, mayonnaise, honey, salt, pepper, basil and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Can be made 1 hour in advance and refrigerated.
- For the mushrooms:
- Heat the grill to high.
- Place the mushrooms in a large bowl, add the canola oil and salt and pepper and toss to coat. Skewer mushrooms, 4 on a skewer. Place the mushrooms on the grill, until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and continue grilling until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and quarter.
- Place the fennel and parsley in a large bowl, add half of the vinaigrette and toss to combine, season with salt and pepper. Top with the mushrooms and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette. Squeeze lemon juice over the salad and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 385||86%|
|Total Fat 43.61g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 5.34g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 13.62g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|