Cost per serving $2.04 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Pepper-Coriander Root Flavor Paste (see below)
- 2 Tbsp. Thai fish sauce - (to 3)
- 3 lb chicken breasts or possibly breasts and legs minced 10 to 12 pie
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 5 lrg garlic cloves - (to 6) coarsely minced
- 3 Tbsp. coarsely-minced coriander roots
- 1 pch salt
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1/2 c. rice or possibly cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 x garlic clove - (to 2) finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1Â 1/2 tsp dry red pepper flakes
- Place Pepper-Coriander Root Flavor Paste in a large bowl and stir in the fish sauce. Place the chicken pcs in the marinade and turn to coat well. Let stand, covered, at room temperature for about 1 hour or possibly in the refrigerator and for as long as 3 hrs.
- Heat a grill or possibly preheat the broiler. If using a grill, place the chicken pcs 4 to 5 inches from the flame, bone-side down, and grill till the bottom side is starting to brown, about 6 to 8 min. Then, turn over and cook till golden on the other side and the juices run clear when the meat is pierced.
- If using a broiler, put the chicken pcs in a lightly oiled broiling pan, bone-side up, place 4 to 6 inches from the broiler element, and cook for 8 to 10 min, or possibly till the chicken is starting to brown. Turn the pcs over and broil for another 8 min, or possibly till the juices run clear.
- Transfer the chicken pcs to a platter and serve with Warm and Sweet Dipping Sauce and plenty of sticky rice.
- For Pepper-Coriander Root Flavor Paste: Place the peppercorns in a mortar with the garlic and lb. to a paste. Add in the coriander roots and salt and lb. to a paste. This will take 5 - 10 min; if you have a small blender or possibly other food grinder which can produce a smooth paste, use it instead. Stir in the fish sauce. Will keep in a well-sealed glass jar for up to 4 days. (Makes 2 to 3 Tbsp. paste)
- For Warm and Sweet Dipping Sauce: Place the vinegar in a small non-reactive saucepan and heat to a boil. Add in the sugar, stirring till it has completely dissolved, then lower the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, using a mortar and pestle or possibly a bowl and the back of a spoon, lb. or possibly mash the garlic and salt to a smooth paste. Stir in the pepper flakes and blend well. Remove the vinegar mix from the heat and stir in the garlic paste. Let cold to room temperature. Store sealed in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. (Makes 1/2 c.)
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 222g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 152||35%|
|Total Fat 16.91g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 4.86g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.22g|
|Total Carbs 29.88g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|