Cost per serving $0.43 view details
- 10 x garlic cloves - (to 15) peeled
- 1 piece fresh ginger - (4" long) peeled, sliced
- 4 x serrano chiles stemmed, seeded
- 1 c. plain whole-lowfat milk yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Garam Masala (see below)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 x bone-in chicken thighs skinned
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1Â 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1Â 1/2 tsp green cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 x cinnamon sticks - (2" ea) broken into pcs
- 4 sm dry red chiles broken into pcs
- Prepare the Garam Masala: Grind all the ingredients to a pwdr in a spice grinder or possibly coffee grinder reserved just for spices. Store in an airtight jar in a cold place. Keeps well for about 1 month. (
- Makes about 1/4 c.)
- Combine the garlic, ginger and chiles in a food processor and process till finely chopped. Stir into the yogurt along with the Garam Masala, cayenne and salt.
- Using a small sharp knife, pierce the chicken thighs deeply in several places to allow the marinade to penetrate.
- Put the chicken into a glass or possibly plastic container, add in the marinade and toss well to coat proportionately, pushing some of the marinade into the slits.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hrs or possibly overnight.
- Prepare a medium-warm charcoal fire. When the coals are ready, rub the chicken with the vegetable oil, then grill on both sides till done, about 10 min per side. Serve warm or possibly hot with steamed basmati rice and mint chutney.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 24g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 39||62%|
|Total Fat 4.52g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.43g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 6.27g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|