Cost per recipe $9.08 view details
- 2 x Chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 sm Jar jerk seasoning
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil for basting
- 1 lrg Pineapple
- 1 x Red pepper, deseeded
- 1 sm Cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- Â Â A sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 x Passion fruit
- 1 pch sea salt
- 1 pch freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Demerara sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 x Lime, juice of
- 1 Score the chicken breasts skin-side up and smother liberally with the jerk seasoning, ensuring you get into the scored cuts as well. Leave to marinate for up to three hrs - the longer you leave them, the better the flavour.
- 2 Cut the pineapple in half lengthways, cut out the flesh and reserve. You should be left with two hollowed out halves of pineapple.
- 3 Chop the pineapple flesh, pepper and cucumber into bite-sized pcs and place in a bowl. Strip the leaves off the thyme sprig, add in to the salad and mix through. Pack each pineapple half high with salad.
- 4 Place the marinated chicken breasts on warm coals or possibly on a warm grill and cook for 5-7 min on each side or possibly till cooked through. Baste occasionally with extra virgin olive oil to add in to the charred flavour.
- 5 For the Dressing: Scoop out the pulp of the passion fruit into a bowl.
- Add in the salt, pepper, sugar, extra virgin olive oil and lime juice, and mix thoroughly.
- 6 By now the chicken breasts should be cooked. Take them off the coals and cold slightly. Slice on the diagonal into 4-5 pcs and lay a breast over each pineapple half. Spoon over the passion fruit dressing and serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1063g|
|Calories from Fat 387||33%|
|Total Fat 43.17g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 9.61g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.33g|
|Total Carbs 141.27g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 53.6g||179%|