Cost per recipe $9.18 view details
- 2 whl skinless boneless chicken breasts halved (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb ziti or possibly other tubular pasta
- 2 lrg red bell peppers cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2Â 1/2 c. thinly sliced celery
- 1 x red onion minced (about 1 1/4 c.)
- 1Â 1/4 c. Kalamata or possibly other brine-cured black pitted and sliced olives - thin
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
- 3 Tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- In an oiled ridged grill pan heated over moderately high heat or possibly on a rack
- set 4 to 6 inches over glowing coals grill the chicken breasts for 8 to 10
- min on each side, or possibly till they are springy to the touch, and transfer
- them to a dish. Sprinkle the chicken with the lemon juice and let it cold. In a kettle of boiling salted water boil the ziti till it is tender. In a colander refresh the ziti under cool water and drain it well.
- In a large bowl toss together the ziti, the bell peppers, the celery, the onion, the olives, and the dill. Remove the chicken from the dish, reserving the juices, slice it thin, and add in it to the ziti salad. To the
- juices in the dish add in the vinegar, the mayonnaise, the mustard, and salt and black pepper to taste, whisk the mix well, and add in the oil in a stream, whisking till the dressing is emulsified. Add in the dressing to the salad, toss the salad well, and season it with salt and black pepper.
- Serves 8 to 10.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1414g|
|Calories from Fat 1559||45%|
|Total Fat 176.64g||221%|
|Saturated Fat 24.87g||99%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 373.91g||100%|
|Dietary Fiber 25.0g||83%|