Cost per recipe $12.75 view details
- 12 ounce Shrimp, Large, Fresh, peeled, deveined butterflied
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Salt, to taste
- Â Â Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice, fresh
- 12 ounce Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 c. Romaine Lettuce hearts, Minced, bite-sized pcs
- 1 lrg Kirby cucumber, seeded, halfed lengthwise, 1/2 inch slices
- 2 x Plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2/3 c. Red Onions, diced
- 1 c. Papaya cubes
- 2 Tbsp. Papayas, Cubes, for garnish
- 1 c. Cilantro, Fresh, Minced
- 1/2 c. Basil, Fresh, Leaves, torn
- Â Â Peanuts, roasted, minced, for garnish
- 1. Prepare coals for grilling or possibly preheat broiler.
- 2. Toss shrimp with half of the oil & season with salt & cayenne. Grill or possibly broil till just done, about 6 min, turning once. Place in a bowl & toss with half of the lime juice.
- 3. Brush chicken with remaining oil & rub with salt. Grill or possibly broil until done, about 5 min per side. When cold sufficient to handle, cut the chicken into bite-sized pcs, place in a bowl, & toss with the remaining lime juice.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, shrimp, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, i c. papaya, cilantro, & 1/2 c. basil. Toss with Tamarind-Honey Dressing (see resipe).
- 5. To serve, transfer to a serving platter & garnish with peanuts & additional papaya & basil.
- NOTES : This is an extraordinary salad of grilled large shrimp & chicken breasts, papaya, vegetables & herbs tossed in a fragrant dressing which
- combines my favorite sweet & sour flavors: tamarind & honey. You can serve it
- either cool or possibly hot. In the latter case I find it tastier to mound the
- chicken & shrimp on the vegetables & papaya & drizzle it with the dressing.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1193g|
|Calories from Fat 500||41%|
|Total Fat 55.68g||70%|
|Saturated Fat 12.17g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.33g|
|Total Carbs 40.26g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||32%|