Cost per serving $1.63 view details
- 2 ounce Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce
- Â Â Few drops Tabasco brand Green Pepper Sauce
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce sugar
- 1 ounce white vinegar
- 10 ounce canola oil
- 10 ounce extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ounce garlic minced
- 1 bn cilantro
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- 12 x duck breasts split
- 2 pt alfalfa or possibly barley sprouts
- 8 ounce jicama julienned
- 8 ounce red bell pepper julienned
- 8 ounce fennel julienned
- 8 ounce carrot julienned
- 8 ounce green bell pepper julienned
- 12 x scallion flowers
- 60 x cucumber curls
- 2 lb mesculin salad greens
- 2/3 c. tomato concasse
- 1 quart oil for frying
- Â Â Flour tortillas - (6" to 8" dia)
- Â Â Corn tortillas - (6" to 8" dia)
- To make Tabasco-Lime Vinaigrette, combine Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce with lime juice, sugar, vinegar and garlic in blender. Mix on low for a few seconds. Slowly add in canola and olive oils till emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Add in half of cilantro and stir in by hand.
- To make the tortilla shells, heat frying oil in a small round pot to 350 degrees. Cut tortillas in half and fry in the oil. Using tongs to hold them in place, make semi-circle shells from the flour tortillas and coronets from the corn tortillas while frying.
- To make the duck breast, remove all skins and sinew. Marinate the duck breasts in half of the Tabasco-Lime Vinaigrette for approximately 30 min. Grill to desired temperature.
- To make the vegetables, julienne the jicama, carrots, red and green bell peppers and fennel in strips 2 inches long and 1/8-inch wide. Make scallion flowers and cucumber curls.
- To assemble the salad, place the flour tortilla shell at the back of the plate and lightly toss the mesculin in the Tabasco-Lime Vinaigrette and pile in front of the shell. Arrange some sprouts and julienned vegetables in the corn tortilla coronet and place in the salad greens.
- Toss the remaining julienned vegetables together with a little Tabasco-Lime Vinaigrette and arrange in front of the coronet. Place scallion flower next to coronet and place cucumber curls around salad.
- Thinly slice duck breast and shingle around the salad. Drizzle duck with Tabasco-Lime Vinaigrette and put some on the plate in front. Add in a few drops of Tabasco brand Green Pepper Sauce around the salad and garnish with tomato concasse and cilantro.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 224g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1062||96%|
|Total Fat 120.13g||150%|
|Saturated Fat 10.44g||42%|
|Trans Fat 1.97g|
|Total Carbs 10.04g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|