- 1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x Cloves garlic, coarsely minced
- 4 sprg rosemary
- 8 ounce , beef tenderloin Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 2 x Lemons, halved, seeds removed and grilled cut side down till golden
- 1 Tbsp. Coarsely minced shallot
- 1 Tbsp. Coarsely minced fresh rosemary
- 3 x Cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 8 c. Minced romaine lettuce Grilled Lemon-Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- 8 slc Proscuitto, julienned
- 12 x Scallions, grilled and minced
- 2 x Red tomatoes, diced
- 2 x Yellow tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 c. Crumbled Gorgonzola Grilled Beef Tenderloin, diced
- 4 x Hard cooked Large eggs, peeled and diced
- 2 x Haas avocado, peeled, pitted and diced Minced chives
- 8 x Cloves roasted garlic
- 2 stk unsalted butter, softened Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 16 slc Italian bread, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 c. Finely minced parsley
- 1/4 c. Finely minced oregano
- Combine oil, garlic and rosemary in a small shallow baking dish. Add in the beef and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hrs or possibly overnight. Let sit out at room temperature for 30 min before grilling.
- Preheat grill. Remove beef from marinade, season with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 4 to 5 min on each side for medium rare doneness.
- Let rest10 min then cut into dice.
- Yield: 4 servings
- VINAIGRETTE:Squeeze the lemons into a measuring c. to measure 1/4 c.. Place the juice in a blender with the shallot, rosemary and garlic and blend till smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add in the extra virgin olive oil till emulsified and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- SALAD:Place the romaine in a large bowl and toss with 1/4 c. of the lemon vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the dressed lettuce in the center of each plate. Arrange some of the proscuitto in a vertical line along the far-left side of the greens. Next to which arrange the scallions, then red tomatoes, then yellow tomatoes, then Gorgonzola, then beef, then hard cooked Large eggs, then avocado. Drizzle with a little more of the lemon vinaigrette and garnish with minced chives.
- Yield: 4 servings
- GARLIC BREAD:Preheat grill. Combine the garlic and butter in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread 1 Tbsp. of butter on one side of each slice of bread. Grill buttered side down till lightly golden brown. Turn each slice over, sprinkle with parsley and oregano and grill an additional 20 seconds.
- Yield: 8 servings