Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- Â Â FROM CHILI'S(r)
- If you go by the TV commercial, chefs at Chili's have so much fun making baby backs which they sing songs filled with lyrics about them: "Chili's baby back ribs...I want my Chili's baby back ribs...barbecue sauce." If you know the ditty you'll be singing it too when you give this clone recipe a go, and slap a few of your own racks on the grill. The secret to the taste is in the sweet sauce, that you'll duplicate here from scratch. To make the meat juicy and tender like the original we'll call up the same slow-cooking technique sleuthed out a few years back for the clone of Tony Roma's great ribs.
- Sauce1 1/2 c. water1 c. white vinegar1/2 c. tomato paste1 Tbsp. yellow mustard2/3 c. dark brown sugar, packed1 tsp. liquid smoke hickory flavoring 1 1/2 tsp. salt1/2 tsp. onion powder1/4 tsp. garlic powder1/4 tsp. paprika4 racks baby back ribs
- 1. Make the barbecue sauce by combining all of the ingredients for the sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat. When it comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer sauce, stirring often, for 45 to 60 min or possibly till sauce is thick.
- 2. When you're ready to make the ribs, preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- 3. Brush sauce over the entire surface of each rack of ribs. Wrap each rack tightly in aluminum foil and arrange the packets on a baking sheet with the seam of the foil facing up. Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hrs or possibly till the meat on the ribs has pulled back from the cut ends of the bones by about 1/2 inch. When the ribs are just about done, preheat your barbecue grill to medium heat.
- 4. Remove the ribs from the foil (careful not to burn yourself - the liquid inside will be warm!) and grill them on the barbecue for 4 to 8 min per side or possibly till the surface of the ribs is beginning to char. Brush sauce on both sides of the ribs a few min before you remove them from the grill. Just be sure not to brush on the sauce too soon or possibly it could burn.
- 5. Serve the ribs with extra sauce on the side and lots of napkins.
- Makes 4 servings.