The grill adds so much flavor to the chokes that you don’t really need a sauce, but I am a sucker for a dipping sauce so I made this yummy sauce to go with it inspired by the Chef’s Dressing at Houston’s Restaurant. If you don’t feel like making the dipping sauce, the chokes are perfectly wonderful with a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Note: Baby artichokes are smaller and therefore require less actual cook time which is an added bonus!
- 9 baby artichokes, sliced in half, de-stemmed with fuzzy âchokesâ removed on the inside
- 2 lemons
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Sea salt- to taste
- Fresh ground pepper- to taste
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/2 low fat greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ounce (1/2 small can) of anchovies â oil drained
- 2 tblsp fresh thyme or tarragon
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Boil a pot of water.
- Go ahead and remove a few of the outer leaves of the artichokes, de-stem them, and slice them in half.
- Using a butter knife, remove the fuzzy inside, they may not have that much of one in all of them (which is the beauty of baby artichokes!).
- Add the baby artichokes to the boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. In the meantime, prepare your grill for medium direct heat.
- While the artichokes are boiling, go ahead and mix all the Chefâs Dressing ingredients with an immersion blender or food processer.
- Put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove the artichokes from the boiling water. Drizzle the artichokes lightly with olive oil, sea salt and pepper and then grill the artichokes for about 10 minutes until char marks have formed on the inside layers.
- To serve, slice the 2 lemons in half and squeeze the juice on the artichokes.
- Be amazed at how easy and baby artichokes are to prepare versus regular sized artichokes! Hooray for baby artichokes!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 390g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 486||76%|
|Total Fat 55.05g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 8.15g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.89g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.3g||68%|