Cost per serving $2.37 view details
- 4 x Center-cut Ahi tuna steaks - (1" thick)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Kosher salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp Seeded and chopped serrano chile
- Â Â (or possibly 1/4 tsp. red chile flakes)
- 1/2 tsp Chopped lemon zest
- 1/2 c. Rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. Reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1/2 c. Chicken stock all fat removed
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 lb Soba or possibly somen noodles
- 1/2 c. Diagonally-sliced scallions, white and pal
- Â Â Wasabi Mousse see * Note
- Â Â Chive Mix see * Note
- Prepare a charcoal fire or possibly preheat a stovetop grill.
- Rub the tuna steaks with 1 tsp. of the extra virgin olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add in the remaining oil to a small saucepan and saute/fry the garlic and ginger over medium heat till they just begin to color. Add in the chile, lemon zest, vinegar, soy sauce, stock and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside. Keep hot.
- Cook the noodles in lightly salted boiling water till just al dente, according to package directions. Drain and toss with half of the ginger-soy sauce mix and the scallions.
- Grill the tuna on both sides over medium coals till just done, approximately 2 to 3 min per side (the center should remain very pink). Remove and keep hot. Serve the tuna steaks on a bed of noodles drizzled with the remaining ginger-soy sauce. Place a dollop of the Wasabi Mousse on the Ahi and sprinkle with the Chive Mix. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 190g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||14%|
|Total Fat 7.62g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.11g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 88.71g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|