Cost per serving $1.77 view details
- 1 lb carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 (2 Â½ lb) butternut squashâpeeled, seeded, and cut into Â½ by 1Â½-inch pieces
- 2 large shallots, cut into Â½-inch wedges
- 6 thyme sprigs
- Â½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Â¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Â¼ cup freshly grate Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large bowl, toss the carrot and parsnip piece with the Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, shallot, thyme sprigs, and Â¼ cup of the olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill to high heat (about 425). Place 2 perforated grill pans directly on the grate to heat for about 10 minute.
- Divide the vegetables between the grill pans and grill over high heat, stirring and turning occasionally, until they are tender and lightly charred in spot. About 50 minutes. Alternatively, roast the vegetables in a large roasting pan in a 425 oven, stirring them occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small skilled, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, Add the pine nuts and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until they are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the butter and garlic and cook, stirring, until the pine nuts are browned and the garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Let cook, and then transfer to a mini processor. Add the grated cheese and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and pulse to a chunky puree. Season the pine nut pesto with salt.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and toss with the pine nut pesto. Serve hot or warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 128||58%|
|Total Fat 14.76g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.24g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.25g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|