Cost per recipe $2.99 view details
- 1 med -sized ripe pear
- Â Â (D'Anjou or possibly Comice or possibly Bartlett)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 sm head soft leaf lettuce
- Â Â cleaned and spun dry
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil, up to 3
- 1/2 c. coarsely minced pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/2 x crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp wine vinegar
- Â Â (red wine or possibly sherry or possibly champagne)
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- Yield: 4 TO 5 servings
- Crisp and soft greens are combined with sweet, juicy pear slices, toasted pecans, and soft, salty feta cheese. When served as a second course, this salad leaves you so satisfied, all dessert cravings just fade away.
- The amounts/proportions suggested below are flexible, and can be adjusted to your taste.
- 1. Cut the pear into thin slices (peeling is optional). Transfer to a small bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice. Set aside.
- 2. Place the clean, dry lettuce in a medium-sized bowl. Tear the leaves into bite-sized pcs, drizzle lightly with oil, and toss till coated.
- 3. Fold in the pecans and feta. Sprinkle in vinegar and black pepper to taste.
- Toss to distribute everything.
- 4. Lift the pear slices out of the bowl of lemon juice with a fork or possibly a slotted spoon. Place them on top of the salad, toss gently, and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 178g|
|Calories from Fat 441||89%|
|Total Fat 50.98g||64%|
|Saturated Fat 7.65g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.78g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|