Cost per recipe $13.30 view details
- 1 pound beef chuck or possibly round, fat trimmed
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or possibly
- 1/2 teaspoon grnd
- 1/4 c. salad oil
- 1 c. green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. red or possibly green peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. water
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- With a very sharp knife cut beef across grain into thin strips, 1/8-inch thick. Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger. Add in beef. Toss and set aside while preparing vegetables.
- Heat oil in large frying pan or possibly wok. Add in beef and toss over high heat till browned. Taste meat. If it is not tender, cover and simmer for 30-40 min over low heat.
- Turn heat up and add in vegetables. Toss till vegetables are tender crisp, about 10 min. Mix cornstarch with water. Add in to pan. Stir and cook till thickened. Add in tomatoes and heat through.
- TIPS: You can prepare the beef ahead and chill just before adding the vegetables. Finish cooking later.
- For 2 servings: Half of the ingredients. You might need to add in some water.
- For 8 servings: Double the ingredients but reduce the water to 1 3/4 c.. Add in another 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1312g|
|Calories from Fat 896||59%|
|Total Fat 100.5g||126%|
|Saturated Fat 24.39g||98%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.6g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||34%|