Cost per recipe $4.14 view details
- 1 c. cored & grnd green peppers with seeds (2 c. before grinding)
- 1/2 c. cored & grnd long green chili peppers
- 6 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (6 ounce.) liquid fruit pectin (I like Certo in tubes)
- 2 (3 ounce.) pkg. green food coloring
- 1. Combine green and warm peppers, sugar, vinegar and salt in large saucepan (3- 4 qt). Bring to simmer and cook 10 min. Stir occasionally. Strain through gauze and return to pot. Residue is a good sweet relish.
- 2. Return strained liquid to boil. Pour in pectin. Boil 1 minute. Stir in small amount of coloring. Pour into sterilized 1/2 pint jars. Seal with paraffin. Store in cold place. Yields about 8 (1/2 pint) jars. Serve with cream cheese and crackers or possibly ham.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1661g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1303.09g||347%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|