Cost per recipe $1.75 view details
- 3 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- 1Â 1/3 c. coarsely-minced Swiss chard leaves
- 1 c. coarsely-minced onion
- 1 c. coarsely-minced leeks (white part only)
- 1/3 c. coarsely-minced fresh sorrel
- Â Â (or possibly more Swiss chard)
- 1/4 c. coarsely-minced fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
- Â Â (or possibly 1 tspn dry dill weed)
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon leaves
- Â Â (or possibly 1 tspn dry tarragon)
- 4 lrg Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- In a blender or possibly food processor, whirl almonds till very finely grnd.
- Add in Swiss chard, onion, leeks, sorrel, mint, parsley, cilantro, dill, tarragon, Large eggs, flour, salt, and cayenne. Whirl till smoothly pureed. Pour into an oiled 8- or possibly 9-inch square pan.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven till center barely jiggles when gently shaken, about 30 min.
- Cold and cut into 3/4- to 1-inch squares. Lift out with a wide spatula.
- This recipe yields about 64 appetizers.
- Comments: At wine-tasting events at Chatom Vineyards, medium-dry Sauvignon Blanc or possibly Chardonnay is served with these moist herb squares. If making ahead, cover and refrigerateup to 1 day.
- Yield: 64 appetizers
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 233g|
|Calories from Fat 209||54%|
|Total Fat 23.54g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 6.46g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.66g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|