Cost per serving $2.24 view details
- 6 x hard-boiled Large eggs (halved) (yolks can be removed to eliminate fat and cholesterol)
- 2 c. cooked ham cubed
- 2 c. broccoli steamed (save water used for steaming broccoli)
- 1Â 1/2 c. cheese sauce * (1 1/2 to 2)
- 9 X 9 baking dish
- Layer steamed broccoli in baking dish. Place halved Large eggs on top of broccoli. Then add in the ham. Pour cheese sauce over top. Bake for 15 -20 min at 350 degrees.
- * We make our white/cheese sauce using the water in that the broccoli was steamed. ( instead of lowfat milk) This way the nutrients from the broccoli are not dumped down the drain. Heat lowfat cheese to give the sauce a little flavor.
- NOTES : My daughter Cayla recently demonstrated this recipe at a 4-H competition. She incorporated Dr. Seuss's Green Large eggs and Ham book into her talk. This is a good recipe to use up leftover Easter Large eggs and ham. BTW she received a blue ribbon for it. I hope this meets the guidelines as I don't have MC to do the work for me.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 311g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 255||56%|
|Total Fat 28.33g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 11.6g||46%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.22g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|