These can be light if you go easy on the cheese and sour cream, but that's no fun. Load 'em up and drizzle with some salsa verde!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Cost per serving $2.39 view details
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 pound turkey meat, about 2 breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Â½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Â¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans mild green chilies
- Â¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Â½ cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Â½ cup crumbled Queso Fresco cheese
- 1-2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, diced small
- 8 green chili corn tortillas, about 4-5 inch in diameter
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa verde (optional)
- Preheat your oven to âbroilâ.
- Add broth and uncooked turkey breasts to a medium sized pot. If the broth doesn't completely cover the meat add some water until itâs covered. If you don't have broth you can just use water but add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt and onion powder to the water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes (covered) depending on the thickness of the breasts. Check by cutting into the center to make sure itâs not raw in the middle. Remove from water and allow it to cool to the touch. When cool use a fork or two to tear into shreds.
- While the turkey cooks add chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, red pepper flakes, chilies and cilantro to a medium/large bowl then stir until completely combined. When the turkey is cooled and shredded add to the bowl and stir until turkey is coated and everything is evenly combined.
- In a small bowl mix Monterey Jack and Queso Fresco cheese.
- Spray a cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray. Place about Â¼ cup of turkey mixture onto one half of each tortilla. Next sprinkle with diced tomatoes and cheese. Heat under the broiler until the cheese is melted. If desired spread sour cream and/or salsa onto the other half of the tortilla and fold over. Serve hot with rice and beans.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 354g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 64||36%|
|Total Fat 7.09g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.53g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.1g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|