Cost per serving $1.82 view details
- 3/4 pound lean ground lamb
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bell peppers, (red, orange yellow) halved lengthwise, cores and ribs removed
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans low-sodium stewed tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the lamb, beef, spinach, zucchini, onion, egg, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Arrange the pepper halves cut side up in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and fill each pepper half with the meat mixture.
- Pour the tomatoes over the peppers and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the meat mixture is completely cooked and the peppers are tender, about 25 minutes longer.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 392g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 178||51%|
|Total Fat 19.87g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 8.57g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 23.42g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||16%|