Cost per recipe $3.00 view details
- Â Â broth or possibly apple juice for sauteing
- 1 c. onion minced
- 1Â 1/2 c. basmati rice or possibly extra long grain
- 1/2 lb cabbage thinly shredded (3 c.)
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1 c. plum tomatoes finely minced
- Â Â (Fresh or possibly canned)
- 1/3 c. currants or possibly raisins
- 1 tsp salt or possibly to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- Â Â (I used 1+ Tb fresh)
- 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (1 to 2)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the onions in the broth or possibly juice over medium high heat, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in the rice then the cabbage. Add in the water, tomatoes, currants, salt, oregano, and cinnamon.
- Lock the lid in place. Over high heat, bring to high pressure.
- Lower the heat just sufficient to maintain high pressure and cook for 3 min. Allow the pressur to come down naturally for 7 min.
- Quick release any remaining pressure. Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow any excess steam to escape. If the rice is not quite tender, replace (but not lock) the lid and let it steam for a few more min in the residual heat. (I found which it took another 5 min or possibly so.)
- Stir in the lemon juice to taste and the parsley as you fluff up the rice and thoroughly distribute all the ingredients before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1320g|
|Calories from Fat 23||2%|
|Total Fat 2.79g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.74g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 289.66g||77%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.6g||55%|