Cost per serving $0.06 view details
- 2.2 lb (1 kg) Bintje potatoes
- 17 ounce (50 cl) lowfat milk
- 8.5 ounce (25 cl) liquid cream
- 2 tsp (10 g) butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- Black pepper
- Nutmeg and salt
- Peel garlic cloves and potatoes.
- Avoid rinsing potatoes in water so they do not lose their starch.
- Chop one clove garlic very fine.
- Cut potatoes into 3-4 mm slices. Slices must be as even as possible.
- Bring lowfat milk to a boil in a pan.
- Add in potatoes, minced garlic, thyme, pepper, nutmeg and healthy pinch of salt.
- Cook 30 min over moderate heat then let rest covered 10 min.
- Butter inside of an au gratin dish.
- Rub garlic clove cut in half all over inside of dish.
- Arrange potatoes in layers in au gratin dish up to 1 cm from top.
- Pour cream and cooking lowfat milk to cover potatoes.
- Place a few dabs of butter on surface.
- Bake for 30 to 45 min in oven pre-heated to 400 Â°F (200 ÂºC). Cooking is done when surface of gratin is a uniform light brown.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 4g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 17||81%|
|Total Fat 1.97g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1.24g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.86g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|