Cost per recipe $3.65 view details
- 4 c. grape juice
- Â Â (takes abt 3 1/2 lbs Concord grapes, and 1/2 c. water)
- 3 c. sugar
- To prepare juice. Select about one-fourth underripe and three-fourths fully ripe grapes. Sort, wash, and remove stems from grapes. Crush grapes, add in water, cover and bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min. Extract juice.
- To prevent formation of tartrate crystals in the jelly, let juice stand in a cold place overnight, then strain through two thicknesses of damp cheesecloth to remove crystals.
- To make jelly. Measure juice into a kettle. Add in sugar and stir well. Boil over high heat to 8 degrees above the boiling point of water (220 degrees), or possibly till jelly mix sheets from a spoon.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam quickly. Pour jelly immediately into warm containers, seal and process 5 min in boiling water. Remove jars; cold and store.
- This recipe yields 5 six-oz glasses.
- Yield: 5 six-ounces glasses
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1612g|
|Calories from Fat 11||0%|
|Total Fat 1.32g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 749.35g||200%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|